- Injection Molding
- Structural Foam Molding
- Blow Molding
Wexco manufactures bimetallic barrels for all applications and major makes of plasticating equipment. Wexco products are found worldwide in mild to severe abrasion and corrosion wear environments.
- Alloys for the full range of polymers and process environments.
- Wear solutions from complex to general-purpose applications.
- High Performance alloys to sustain wear life and peak production.
- Custom design or manufactured to print.
- Auxiliary Components – Feed Throat Assemblies, flanges and end caps.
Bimetal construction combines a protective wear surface inseparably bound to a high strength micro-alloy backing material. The design allows efficient energy transfer between the bore lining and the backing. This feature provides a rapid detection of process changes, quick response to heat and cool commands, and precise control of zone temperatures. The wear resistant bore alloy is engineered for maximum compatibility between the feed screw flight OD and the barrel inner diameter. Machinery professionals depend on Wexco when it comes to delivering on time quality.
Contact Wexco for more information on plastics processing barrels, structural foam machine barrels, plastic extrusion, plastics injection molding, and barrel wear life.